Let your taste buds indulge in some paradisiacal food!
750 gms Mutton
1 kg Chicken
1 kg Basmati rice
200 ml Milk
2 tsp Curd
1 tsp Dry ginger powder
1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
150 gms Ghee
1/4 tsp Kewra essence
2 gms Saffron
2 tsp Red chilli powder
1 Pinch asafoetida
1 tsp Garam masala powder
2 tsp Fennel seed powder
1/4 tsp Sugar
Salt to taste
- Fry asafoetida and mutton pieces in ghee.
- Add curd to the mixture and fry till pink.
- Pour water and add salt to taste. Mix well.
- Add chilli powder, ginger powder and bay leaf.
- Fry for a few minutes and add 1/2 litre water.
- Add 1/2 tbsp garam masala and 1tbsp fennel seeds.
- Simmer the mixture till well cooked.
- Remove the mutton pieces and keep them separate.
- Boil 2 litres of water with 2 tbsp salt.
- Tie the garam masala and remaining fennel seeds in a piece of cloth.
- Put it in the boiling water.
- Now add rice and cook on low flame till half done.
- Separate the water from the rice.
- Alternately arrange mutton and rice layers in a baking tray.
- Add milk and ghee.
- Cook in a preheated oven till well done.
- Kashmiri Biryani is ready to be served!