Instant noodles get a bad rep but they really aren’t all that bad. We’re not saying you should eat it every day of the week but a bowl or two once in a while when you’re too lazy to prepare a proper meal. We’ve got 3 recipes that you can make for breakfast, lunch or dinner that won’t break your bank or make you have to whip out your slow cooker.
Spicy Noodle Soup
- 2 tablespoons sriracha hot sauce
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups vegetable broth, canned
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 packets instant noodles
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs (optional)
- Sweat the onions for 2 minutes on low heat then stir in the ginger and garlic powder for 1 minute. Once fragrant, add water and broth.
- Simmer for 2 minutes then add soy sauce. Season to taste using salt and black pepper. Once the broth is bubbling (but not boiling), add in the noodles and cook as per the instructions on the packet.
- Remove pan from heat, ladle soup into bowls, and top with scallions, parsley and eggs. Enjoy!
Optional: If you want soft boiled eggs, add them in just before you add in the noodles. If you want hard-boiled eggs, add them in with the water and broth.
- 2 packets of instant noodles
- 4 slices bacon, chopped into 1/2-in pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup cheddar, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- Heat medium pan over medium heat. Cook bacon pieces until brown and crisp.
- Add the noodles to the skillet and coat with bacon and bacon fat. Turn off the heat.
- Beat eggs with fork. Mix in cheese.
- Pour egg-cheese mixture to skillet and toss with bacon and noodles.
- Divide between bowls. Garnish with scallions, fresh ground pepper and a drizzle of hot sauce, if desired.
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup parmesan, shredded
- 1 cup gouda, shredded
- 3 instant noodles packets
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Boil noodles according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of noodle water for later.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add noodles and toss with butter. Stir in Parmesan. Pour in about 1/2 cup reserved noodle water to create a sauce.
- Gradually stir in more water if the sauce is too thick.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
- Toss noodles with 1/2-1 teaspoon of olive oil after cooking/boiling to keep them from sticking together.
- Undercook the noodles by a minute to keep from overcooking them when frying.
*recipes sourced from Delish.com