You came, you saw, you indulged and now its time to detox. January is when most people reset their lives (and livers) but that doesn’t mean the only beverage you can drink is water. You can take the best parts of your favourite cocktail and turn it into a mocktail that gives you a glucose boost and keeps you hydrated. We’re loving spices this month so here are some easy spiced mocktails to sip on this dry January.
Hot & Sweet Lemonade
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 1 bottle sparkling water
- Slices of lemon, for garnish
- Muddle 1-2 slices of jalapeño with condensed milk. Add lemon juice and stir until fully combined.
- Pour over ice and top with sparkling water. Garnish with a lemon slice.
Peppered Plum & Passion Mocktail
- 2 plums
- 1 packet of passion juice
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 sprig of mint
- 1 thumb of ginger
- Ice, Sugar & lime slice, for garnish
- Dip the rim of the glass in passion juice then coat with sugar.
- Muddle plums and mint together.
- Add in black pepper, lime and passion juice.
- Shake and strain over ice. Garnish with lime wedge and enjoy.
Watermelon Wine Cooler
- 1 cup watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup non-alcoholic sparkling wine
- Mix ingredients together.
- Serve poured over ice.
- Garnish with a slice of watermelon and enjoy.