A microwave oven is more than just the thing that warms your food and occasionally defrosts your chicken. We’ve compiled recipes of simple meals that are quick and easy to prepare over the microwave oven.
Meatloaf in a mug
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 tablespoon of ketchup
- 100 grams of lean meat
- 1 teaspoon of onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons of quick-cooking oats
- Combine the milk with ketchup, oats and soup mix in a small bowl.
- Place it into a microwave mug and cover it.
- Let it microwave for 3 minutes and serve with additional ketchup
Microwave Potato Crisps
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- Cut the potatoes into thick slices.
- Brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Arrange them on a microwave-safe plate and make sure they do not overlap.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
Chocolate mochi mug cake
- 2 tablespoons of sweet rice flour
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1/8 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy milk
- Whisk together the rice flour, cocoa powder, sugar and baking powder.
- Add the vegetable oil and soy milk and mix until a smooth batter is achieved.
- Cook in the microwave for 1 minute and 15 seconds and serve immediately once ready.
Microwave caramel popcorn
- Popped popcorn
- I cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of margarine
- /2 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda
- Mix the brown sugar, margarine, salt and vanilla extract.
- Heat this mixture in the microwave for 3 minutes, take it out and stir until it becomes smooth.
- Return it to the microwave and heat for about 1 minute.
- Remove it and add baking soda.
- Place the popped popcorn in a bag and pour in the made syrup over the popcorn.
- Cook in the microwave for about 1 minute and then remove and shake and flip the bag.