We love Kenyan food and there are some things that are classically Kenyan. Chapati is a staple in everyone’s meals and regardless of how many times a week you eat it, we can comfortably assume that you have never tried it with cheese from Cheese Love Kenya. Besides the wide range and great taste, the cheeses from Cheese Love Kenya are so affordable that you never have to worry about saving up just to get some good gouda. Try out this simple recipe that combines two unsuspecting favourites for a quick meal that just might become a regular snack.
- 4 slices Cheese love Sandwich cheese (Gouda)
- 2 Chicken breasts cut in strips
- 2 ready chapatis
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Avocado (optional)
- Lemon (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Start by sautéing your onions in vegetable oil.
- Follow by adding the curry and paprika, then the chicken strips to cook.
- After 5-7 minutes, add the sliced peppers and mix everything well.
- Season with salt and pepper then add tomato paste and a bit of water to mix everything well.
- Leave to cook for another 7 -10 minutes. (The key is to make sure the chicken is cooked through and the veggies are still crunchy)
- Lay the chapatti on a plate, followed by a few slices of the cheese then the chicken mixture.
- In a small bowl smash avocado and drizzle salt and lemon juice to keep it from blackening.
- Put the smashed avocado on top of the chicken and wrap it up. Enjoy.
Click here to see how Jasmine Macharia aka Cooking with Jaz prepared this during the Yummy Magazine live stream with Cheese Love Kenya.