Maple Glazed Bacon
Prep Time 5min
Cook Time 40min
Cooking bacon in the oven is so much easier than frying it in a pan, especially when you are serving a crowd. Long, slow cooking ensures that the bacon is crisped to perfection, and the sugary glaze makes an already delicious breakfast treat positively addictive. It’s salty and sweet and so good to eat!
What you’ll need
- 12 slices thick-cut bacon
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch of cayenne pepper
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Mix together the brown sugar, maple syrup and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Choose a rectangular cooking rack that will fit in the baking sheet, spray it with cooking spray, and place it on the foil-lined baking sheet.
- Place bacon strips side by side on the cooling rack and using your hands or a spatula, rub maple/sugar mixture all over the tops of them. Don’t worry if some falls onto the pan.
- Bake the bacon for 25-45 minutes, depending on how crisp you like your bacon (we like ours crispy). When you remove the baking sheet from the oven, be prepared for a bit of smoke.
- Remove bacon from cooling rack to a plate and serve hot. Bacon can be prepared in advance, then reheated in the microwave on a paper towel-lined plate, covered with an additional layer of paper towels.