- This is our take on what to do in a day at Malindi. Roam the street for amazing trinkets and gifts for friend. Head over to Old Man and the Sea of their legendary seafood and great dishes. For Desert stop for some fresh halwa with coffee. Finally finish off the day with a Garlic Prawn dinner and a glass of white wine.
- Streets of Malindi
Yummy Recipe for Garlic Prawns:
1/2 Kg of King Prawns
200g Butter (Salted)
8 garlic cloves (Mildly Crushed)
3 green chillies crushed
1 bunch of Coriander
4tbs Olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 glass of White wine (Chardonnay)
1. De-vain the prawns, leaving the head and the shells on. Wash out any black/brown sediment
2. Pre-heat the oven/grill at 200 degrees
3. Make the Marinade by mixing together the butter and olive oil with a whisk, add the garlic, chillies and coriander mix with a spoon. Add Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spoon the thick mixture into the prawns (where the Vain was)
5. Place on the metal oven tray and place in the oven for 15-20 mins
6. After the prawns are done, take out the tray and add the glass of wine while it is still hot.
7. Add prawns to serving dish and add some fresh coriander as a garnish.
– Best served with a green salad and warm bread
For any recipes or questions feel free to email is at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright Websimba Limited and Eat Out Kenya