This Father’s Day(16th June 2013), treat Dad to a feast. Whether you’re cooking him a special breakfast, tasty snacks, dinner and dessert
or pouring a well-deserved cocktail,get yourself covered with plenty of mouthwatering recipes.
While Mom’s celebration involves fancy brunches and elegant tea parties, we think Dad would rather enjoy his day with things like bacon, barbecue and beer! Give him exactly what he wants for Father’s Day — a relaxing celebration with good food, family and fun.
Celebrate Dad with a Father’s Day cookout featuring a succulent grilled meal. The following Father’s Day grilling recipe will make your dad’s honorary day mouthwateringly memorable.
GRILLED 5-SPICE POWDER PORK TENDERLOINS
- 2 (1-pound each) whole pork tenderloins
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- Ginger Peach Salsa (recipe below)
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Cut each tenderloin lengthwise almost in half; open and spread flat.
- Place each tenderloin between two sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound until 1/4 inch thick. Cut each tenderloin into four evenly sized pieces.
- In a wide shallow dish, combine flour, salt, pepper and five-spice powder. Roll each piece of pork in spice mixture.
- Oil the grill grate and grill pork 3 minutes; flip and grill for 3 minutes or until it is cooked through.
Ginger Peach Salsa: Combine 3 cups diced fresh peaches, 1 cup finely chopped red onion, 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger, 3 tablespoons minced jalapeno, 1 tablespoon grated orange zest and 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro.