Planning on having friends over tonight for some drinks and Friday fun times?
We found a delicious recipe for a great boozy snack; Beer-candied bacon to enjoy with family and friends.
Check it out!
1 lb thick-cut, high quality bacon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp of your favourite beer
1) Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
2) Combine brown sugar and beer in a small bowl, whisking well to form a thin syrup and set aside.
3) Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a wire cooling rack on top and lay the pieces of bacon on top of the rack, overlapping if necessary. Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes.
4) Remove from oven and brush one side of the bacon with the beer syrup. Turn over and coat the other side with the syrup as well.
5) Return to oven and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and repeat process another time or two more, until bacon is crispy and browned, and you’ve used all the glaze.
6) Cool on wire rack for at least 1 hour before serving.