Home-made pizza is definitely a must for all pizza lovers. If I could make home-made pizza, I would eat that everyday for breakfast, lunch and dinner. As much as home-made pizza sounds like something difficult to pull off, the crust is actually the hard part. Once you get the crust right, all you need are your preferred toppings which are not really difficult to prepare.
With the first ever Nairobi Pizza Festival around the corner, whet your appetite with some home-made pizza as you wait eagerly for the week of 5th to 9th October when you can switch into a pizza diet as you enjoy the two for one pizza offers on Carlsberg beer.
Here’s a simple beer pizza crust recipe you should make.
Yield-1 or 2 Pizza Crusts
- 3 cups of flour (plus more for dusting)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 can of beer
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and mix thoroughly
- Pour in the beer and mix well. The dough will be sticky
- Spread a handful of flour on your work surface and dump the dough onto it
- Tiss the dough around to coat it with flour and prevent it from sticking
- Knead it 2 or 3 times to make it pliable
- Shape the dough into a ball and divide it into two if you are making two thin pizza crusts. For a deep dish pie, do not divide
- Grease your pizza pan with oil and use a rolling pin to roll the dough out into a circle
- Brush crust with olive oil lightly then add your sauce and toppings
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown on top