As we get into the spirit of Halloween it is all about trick-or-treating and why not treat yourself or your friends to a little liquid incentive? The best part of this cocktail is that though it may look tad bit scary, the inclusion of homemade raspberry syrup-filled syringes gives it a refreshing taste.
The Bloody Orange Cocktail is definitely a concoction you can serve on Halloween night and unleash your guests inner ghouls.
- 4 ounces of vodka
- 2 ounces of Licor43 (or any liqueur of your choice)
- 8 ounces of Orangina or 1:3 orange juice to club soda
- 3 ounces of raspberry syrup (recipe follows)
- 1 orange
- Plastic syringes (available at party stores)
- 4 cocktails
- Puree 2 cups of fresh raspberries in a food processor. Press the puree through a fine mesh strainer to extract the pulp, then discard the seeds.
- Place the puree in a small saucepan with 1/4 cup of sugar. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until thick and dark (about 10 minutes) and let it cool.
- Fill each syringe with .75 ounces of raspberry syrup and set aside
- Add vodka and Liqueur to a shaker with ice, shake until very cold (about 20 seconds). Add Orangina and stir. Pour into iced glasses and place filled syringes in drinks.
- Add an orange wedge to the side of each glass and serve.