Looking for something healthy and wonderful to enjoy in the morning or as a snack for you and the little ones? If the answer is yes, which we truly believe it is, you’re in luck! Here is a simple recipe for blueberry chia yoghurt bars which, with a few items, are easy to whip up! It’s important to note that these blueberry bars have no sugar but worry not, they’re filled with natural sweetness and nutritious flavours.
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup of peanut butter
- A handful of dates (6-7)
- Half a cup flax and sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 cup of Greek yoghurt
- Simmer a cup of blueberries in a small pan until the juices of the blueberries liquidate a little – it should look like a jam consistency.
- Add some chia seeds to fill it with fibre, set it aside and let it cool.
- In a different bowl, add rolled oats and cinnamon.
- Add peanut butter to help the ingredients stick together and add some flax and sunflower seeds.
- Blend these together to create the base of the bars. Spread this in a thin baking dish.
- Layer with Greek yoghurt.
- Pour in the fresh blueberry jam on top of the yoghurt and swirl it around or simply spread it with a butter knife – have fun with it!