This is a classic Italian dish that is easy to make but the use of fresh ingredients is key and your choice of pasta which should be cooked to al dente.
The Bolognese Sauce is a meat-based sauce for pasta originating from Bologna, Italy. It is customarily used to dress tagliatelle(or any other pasta you like) and may also be used to prepare “lasagne ala bolognese”. Traditionally the use of herbs is frowned upon but I went ahead and used some and it went well. So read on and click on the link provided for a detailed pictorial guide on how to make the dish. Bon Apetite!
Bolognese Sauce Ingredients:
1/2kg Minced Lean beef
1 small Onion(Diced small)
1 Carrot(Diced Small)
2 stalks Celery(Diced Small)
2 Garlic (Crushed and chopped)
2-3 Tomatoes Cut small/blended
Small bunch Basil
Salt & Pepper
- In a suitable pot, cook the onion, garlic, carrot and celery in little oil til it starts to brown while stiring under medium heat.
- When browned, add the minced meat and cook while on high heat til the meat dries out while stiring the meat to mix with the cooked vegetables.
- Add the thyme, salt & pepper then the tomato and allow to cook till the tomato is completely cooked(about 5minutes)
- Chop the basil and add to the meat and stir.
- Adjust the taste by adding some sugar or ketchup til its slightly sweet, however this is optional.
When serving plate the cooked pasta first then pour the bolognese sauce on top of the pasta then sprinkle some grated cheese(parmesan) on top.
Click here for a full guide on how to go about making this delicious dish at home.