EatOut Kenya pursues a simple mission in all we do: to build a world class dining culture in Kenya (and soon, East Africa) by being the most comprehensive resource for everything food & drink related in the region. In line with this mission, we strive to develop content and provide information in creative, appealing, and easily digestible ways. Our Yummy blog, Yummy magazine, and social media platforms provide powerful mediums for us to revolutionize Kenyans’ dining experience. Our Yummy card program strives to make Kenya’s incredible dining scene accessible to more Kenyans.
As the Brand Marketer, you will help us achieve this mission by ensuring every food-information-seeking Kenyan out there knows about our brands – EatOut and Yummy. You will leverage unpaid marketing channels to promote and cement our brand in the diners’ mind, including constantly improving our sites’ SEO, publishing corporate news of interest on our LinkedIn and Google+ pages, and regularly engaging with prominent bloggers and tech sites. You will use paid advertising channels to reach those outside our networks, including developing and managing our SEM and paid advertising on Facebook and Twitter.
As the Social Media Marketer, you will help us achieve this mission by growing our engagement with the public through our social media channels. You will own the relationship between our users and our product – interacting with users on social media channels and representing the voice of our users internally as we develop our content and sales strategies. You will support the growth of the EatOut brand by demonstrating our commitment to excellent customer care, as well as developing relationships with our most active “fans”, and develop a social media strategy in collaboration with the Social Media Manager with input from the sales and content teams.
EatOut is a fast-paced company, so at their core successful hires are enthusiastic team players and self-starters. We seek individuals who flourish in cross-functional teams and enjoy completing multiple projects under tight deadlines. Strong team members are flexible and open to trying new ways to deliver value.
- Develop and run paid marketing campaigns on Google Search (SEM), Twitter, and Facebook
- Ensure SEO on our sites (Yummy and EatOut) is continually optimized
- Draft and publish corporate news items on our pages (e.g. LinkedIn and Google+) and
- Interacting with users on EatOut’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages
- Interacting with restaurants using the EatOut Facebook Profile and Twitter page
- Share insights from interactions with Head of Digital Content Strategy, Social Media Manager, and Sales to inform sales and content strategy
- BA/BS degree from a recognized university or equivalent practical experience
- Experience leading brand marketing strategy for an online company
- Experience writing corporate news releases
- Ability to create high quality work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment
- Ability to take content feedback and promptly incorporate it into any project
Please include URLs or attachments for a portfolio in addition to your CV. Submissions without writing samples included will not be considered.
Email your CV and portfolio to email@example.com by 22/02/2015. We will contact you if you have been selected to interview.