Breakfast bowls are *simply the best, better than all the rest*. I have two breakfast bowl recipes that you will absolutely love. The first one is mixed berrylicious Greek yoghurt breakfast bowl and the other one is the chai spice oatmeal with caramelized bananas, coconut, granola and Greek yoghurt.
These bowls are perfect for a weekend since you have a bit more time to play around with different ingredients and fruits. If you’re also looking to host a mini brunch at home, these bowls will not disappoint. For both, I’ve used Greek yoghurt since its a great source of protein.
Mixed Berrylicious Greek yoghurt Beakfast Bowl
- 250g Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup mixed berries (fresh/frozen)
- 𝙁𝙤𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙨𝙝: Chia seeds, Pumpkin seeds, Flaxseeds/seed mix, Walnuts chopped into small pieces, Chocolate pieces and melted chocolate/Nutella
- In a blender, combine the berries and Greek yoghurt till smooth.
- Add this berry mixture to a bowl, and top with all the different seeds, walnuts, some berries, chocolate and enjoy!
Chai Spice Oatmeal
- Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup oats
- 1 3/4 cups non-dairy/dairy milk of choice
- 1 tsp chai spice blend
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- Honey or any other sweetener, to taste
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Coconut flakes for garnish
- In a saucepan, add your oats and roast them a little, then add the milk, chai spice and cinnamon powder.
- Mix and let it simmer and bring to a boil for about 5 minutes, or till cooked to the consistency of your liking (add more milk if required). Then add in the honey/other sweetener to taste.
- In a skillet, heat the coconut oil. Add in sliced bananas and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until caramelized on both sides.
- Once cooked,sprinkle with salt. Add the oatmeal to a bowl, top with caramelised bananas, granola, coconut flakes, and greek yoghurt and enjoy!