There’s no better way to beat Monday blues than with cake. You’ll especially love this buttery, zesty carrot with an ultra fluffy lightly spiced chai cream cheese frosting all made with fresh ingredients from Brown’s. The recipe is super quick and comes together effortlessly. If you’re in the mood for cupcakes, the recipe works great with those too.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose baking flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup Brown’s Greek yoghurt
- 250g Brown’s unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange zest
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 250g Brown’s cream cheese
- 250ml whipping cream
- ¼ cup Brown’s Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon Chai masala (preferably Shalimar)
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- Honey to drizzle
- Orange Zest
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius & prepare 2 round baking tin with a light coat of butter.
Whisk the butter, sugar, Greek yoghurt & eggs together until fluffy.
Mix remaining ingredients together & combine with the butter mixture.
Whisk further for 1-2 minutes with the electric whisk.
Split the mixture into 2 baking tins & bake for 20-25 minutes & allow to cool completely.
Combine all ingredients together and whisk. Refrigerate until use.
Place 1 layer and spread a layer of frosting. Place the second layer on top and spread remaining frosting evenly.
Top with orange zest, chopped walnuts & a generous drizzle of honey.