- 30mls vegetable oil.
- 1 onion, finely sliced.
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced.
- 1 large cauliflower, broken into small florets.
- 4 sprigs of thyme.
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- Lemon juice.
- Chives, chopped .
- Salt & white pepper.
- Cayenne pepper.
- Sweat the cauliflower florets, onion, garlic & thyme in the vegetable oil until onion is soft.
- Add the vegetable stock then bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat & simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the thyme sprigs from the pot.
- Spoon the cauliflower into a blender, cover the cauliflower with the cooking liquid, then blend.
- You can obtain your desired consistency by controlling amount of liquid added to the blender. So, if you want a thicker soup add less cooking liquid to blender.
- Season soup with few drops of lemon juice, salt & pepper according to your taste.
- Serve garnished with chopped chives & cayenne pepper. This soup is great served hot or chilled.
If you have any questions or comments, contact me on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/porkygourmand