Pancakes are a tasty meal for breakfast or brunch. Whether you like to pour honey on yours or add some maple syrup, at some point you’re going to wish you had chocolate involved. This Chocolate Chip Pancake recipe will have your craving sorted in just thirty five minutes. Try it for breakfast for your family or friends when hosting brunch and everyone will keep asking for more and more. Your kids will love it and most importantly, all the bragging rights for being the best pancake maker in the family will be yours. Just one bite will have you thanking God for finding this recipe. Trust me, you just can’t have enough of these!
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup whole, 2 percent fat, or 1 percent fat milk
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, or less to taste
- Butter, for cooking
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter and milk. Place over low heat just until warm and the butter is melted. Let cool slightly.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork.
- Whisk in the milk mixture and add the dry ingredients and mix just until barely blended.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat.
- Add about 1 teaspoon of butter and melt until bubbly.
- Ladle 3 tablespoons of batter for each pancake onto the hot surface and cook until bubbly on the top and golden brown on the bottom.
- Turn and cook until golden brown on the other side, about 30 seconds more.Image:krusteaz.com
- Repeat until all the batter is used up. Serve hot.