You’ve been dreaming about kaimatis since your last trip down to the coast. These gooey dough balls coated with a mouth-tingling syrup will leave you ordering for more, the last bite better than the previous. What makes it more delightful is the ease of making it.
Chocolate Dipped Kaimatis
- All-purpose flour 1 cup
- Natural plain yoghurt ½ cup
- Water ½ cup
- Instant yeast 1 teaspoon
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder 1 teaspoon
- Syrup Ingredients
- Sugar 1 cup
- Water 1 cup
- Ground cardamom 2 tablespoons
- Lemon Grated (optional)
For the Syrup:
- In a saucepan, add sugar and water and boil. Lower the heat and add the grated lemon and cardamom then simmer for about 5-8 minutes. The syrup should coat a spoon when ready
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely
For the Kaimatis:
- Pour all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir till the batter becomes sticky.
- Cover the bowl and set aside for 1-2 hours to puff up.
- In a wok, heat 2 cups of vegetable oil and using a small spoon to scoop small portions, drop the dumplings in the hot oil and fry till golden brown.
- Drop in the ready dumplings in the syrup and coat them for one minute (the longer you leave them the more syrup they’ll absolve hence becoming very sweet).
- Coat them with melted chocolate.