Chocolate Pudding With Berries Recipe
1 espresso shot
yolks from 3 eggs
½ cup sugar, pinch of salt
2¼ cups whole milk
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp vanilla extract
whipped cream and berries
- Bring 2 cups milk, sugar and cocoa powder to a simmer over medium-high heat on a saucepan.
- Remove from heat after a minute. In a medium bowl, whisk the cornstarch, egg yolks, remaining ¼ cup milk, vanilla, salt and espresso.
- Whisk in half of the warm milk mixture into the egg mixture. Transfer the egg mixture back to the saucepan (with remaining milk mixture) and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the pudding comes to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer to thicken the pudding, for about 3 more minutes, whisking often.
- Move the pudding into a big bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Serve with whipped cream and choice of berries.
Jean’s passion for elegant entreés and delicate wines, paired with a hint of wanderlust are the driving forces behind this foodie and her tasteful reviews. In early 2013, her blog focused primarily on wines, giving a background on the industry while aiming to promote a wine-drinking culture. Over time, the blog has evolved to incorporate food, restaurants and travel, inspiring readers to go out and experience the flavours for themselves. The featured chocolate pudding with berries is one of her favourite desserts.