Happy new month! We officially kick in the festivities with this Chocolate Truffle wreath. A wreath is a great starter at a party you’re hosting. What is chocolate without wine really? This Chocolate Truffle wreath is best enjoyed with a vibrant, sweet Shiraz wine such as Hesketh “The Black” Sparkling Shiraz, available at Dion Wines and Spirits. Enjoy and happy December everyone!
- 500g 70% Absolute Chocolate
- 250g Bio whipping cream
- Finely chopped hazelnuts
- Epicurious Hedgehog cocoa powder
- 150g 70% Absolute Chocolate for the truffle shells
- Dried rose petals
- Finely chop the chocolate and put into a bowl.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan just to the point where you see some steam curling up from it. Pour onto the chopped chocolate and leave for 5 mins as it melts the chocolate. Stir it together gently until you have a smooth, glossy ganache. You may need to heat it further – pop it in a microwave for 30 seconds, keeping a very careful eye on it!
- Pour onto a lined baking tray and put in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Take out of the fridge and use a small cookie scoop or teaspoon to scoop out small portions of truffle. Use your hands to roll them (Not too much, otherwise they will melt in your hands). Don’t worry about uniform balls, you want them to look homemade with love! Roll in the cocoa powder, or chopped hazelnuts to coat.
- For any that you want to cover in chocolate, put them back in the fridge whilst you melt the chocolate. Place the 150g of chocolate into a heatproof bowl, and place over a saucepan of boiling water (Ensure the water does not touch bottom of the bowl). Allow to melt. Remove the truffles from the fridge, and place on a cooling rack. Pour the melted chocolate over them to cover, and allow to cool before gently carefully removing from the rack.