- 8 courgette blossoms
For the filling :
- 150 gms of soft goats cheese
- 150 gms of hard crumbly cheddar grated
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp zatar
- 1/2 tsp smoked Spanish paprika
- 1/4 tsp crushed mixed peppercorns, red, pink and green
- 1 tsp freshly minced garlic
- 1 bunch freshly chopped parsley
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
For the batter:
- 4 tbs self raising flour
- 3 tbs cornflour
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup cold water
- Salt and black pepper for seasoning
- Oil for deep frying
For the filling, simply mix all the ingredients into a smooth fragrant chunky pâté type mix.
Spoon this into a piping bag.
Gently prise open the tops of the blosssoms, being careful not to tear the delicate petals of the flower.
Gently, but generously pipe some filling into each blossom. Twist to seal as shown. Complete with all the blossoms.
Now mix all the ingredients for the batter. The consistency should be smooth and slightly thickened.
Now heat up your oil to hot but NOT smoking.
Dip and roll each of the blossoms into the batter mixture and drop just 3 at a time into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown and crispy. Serve immediately with some simple sweet chilli chutney.