Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 12 ounces cranberries (3 cups), thawed if frozen
- 3/4 cup refined sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 medium orange
- Juice of half a medium orange
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the cranberries are soft and start to fall apart, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool the sauce will thicken as it cools.
A Thanksgiving table is never complete without a bowl of cranberry sauce. Instead of serving a processed one from a can, there is an easy way to make one of your own in just about half an hour. The homemade one tastes better and has less sugar, and gives off a delicious orange fragrance that is sure to lift the holiday spirit.
Point to note: This cranberry sauce can be made up to 2 days prior. Just store it in the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature before serving your guest or yourself.