This easy to make salad is a great prequel or main dish to go with any Asian inspired meal.
- 1 Large Duck Breast Vegetable Oil for frying.
- 1/2 Raw Mango-peeled and cut into chunks 1 Handful of mixed sprouts.
- 1/2 Pomegranate (optional)-separate the seeds if you choose to use it.
- 1 Teaspoon Chinese five-spice
- 4 Radishes- thinly sliced
- 2 Handfuls mixed lettuce
- ½ Cucumber-Halved then finely sliced horizontally
FOR THE DRESSING
- 4 Tablespoons White Vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
Season the duck breast with the salt, pepper and Chinese five-spice powder. Boil the duck breast in water for 30 minutes until it becomes soft and tender. Heat a large wok for 1 minute. Add in the oil and heat it for 7 minutes. Deep-fry the duck breast for 5 minutes, until crispy, then slice it into strips. In a separate bowl, mix the pomegranate seeds, mango, mixed sprouts, radishes, spring onions, coriander, lettuce leaves and crispy duck together. Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together in a small bowl. Lightly toss the salad with the dressing and serve.