It’s amazing how versatile food is. How one basic dish like fish or beef or chicken can be made in 1000’s of different ways. How condiments that you use like honey or a curry paste can also be made in 100’s of ways. All you need is the interest and the time to do a little research or to just try and see what you can discover. Well that is how I came across this dish in one of the issues of GoodFood Magazine.
It uses three basic flavours
I put in some garlic and dhania(coriander) for extra flavor but also because I just love those two ingredients. This dish was fast to fix and it was super delicious. I hope you will love it as much as I did.
- 2 large tilapia fillets , about 125g
- 2 teaspoons yellow, green or red curry paste (i used red)
- 2 teaspoons coconut milk
- zest and juice 2 lemons , plus wedges to serve
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- small bunch of dhania (coriander)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 red chilli , sliced
- Heat oven to 200C. Tear off 4 large pieces of foil, double them up, then place a fish fillet in the middle of each.
- Spread over the juice of one lime and one tablespoon of garlic. let it sit for about 5 mins then spread over the curry paste. Divide the coconut, lime zest and juice and soy between each fillet.
- Crush the dhania leaves with the remaining garlic and spread over the fillets then bring up the sides of the foil, then scrunch the edges and sides together to make 2 sealed parcels.
- Put the parcels on a baking tray and bake for 10-15 mins. Serve the fish on cocnut rice, drizzle over the chilli sauce and scatter with sliced chilli. Serve with veggies and lime wedges.
You can used dessicated coconut instead of coconut milk
You can also use lemon instead of the lime