Who doesn’t love cheese on toast? But we are assuming you can all do a basic cheese on toast pretty well if you’re reading this. Here are some other great takes on “cheese on toast” that don’t use the conventional cheddar or mozzarella. We hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
Dahi, means yoghurt in Hindi and if this recipe makes for a genius take on the traditional cheese toastie.
3-4 tablespoons Greek Yoghurt or strained Dahi
½ white onion, finely diced
¼ green chili, finely chopped
finely chopped coriander
2 slices of sourdough bread
salt/pepper to season
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Spread between two slices of the bread.
- Heat a little oil on a griddle pan and cook the toastie until golden and yoghurt thickens.
- Top with mustard seeds and curry leaves that have been tempered in a little oil.
- Serve with good quality ketchup or homemade chilli sauce.