Everyone loves chocolate, but we all know that plain milk chocolate gets all the love. I get it, trust me, I do. Why taint something that is already perfect? Sure.
Here’s the thing: When you marry Chilli and Chocolate, a beautiful baby is born that stays with you way after that first taste (Metaphorically and literally). Here’s our favourite recipe for Chilli Chocolate truffles that you can easily make at home, no huff, no fuss!
- A fridge close by
P.S: You can add in a variety of things to make this recipe pop! Things like peanuts, hazelnuts, rainbow sprinkles or crystallized orange bits.
Decadent Chilli Chocolate Truffles
300g dark chocolate (70% Cacao)
150ml double cream
70g cocoa powder
1 tsp chocolate extract
1 Pinch of sea salt
1 pinch of red chilli powder
2 pinches of Spanish paprika
- Break the dark chocolate into little pieces and put them in a small bowl.
- In the pan, pour the cream and let it boil. Add the butter and mix it in.
- Switch off the heat and pour the cream mixture over the chocolate and let the chocolate melt before stirring.
- Stir the chocolate slowly, add in the pinch of sea salt and the pinch of red chilli powder. Keep stirring slowly to make sure it mixes well.
- Cover the mixture and refrigerate for 2 hours or until the mixture has set.
- In another bowl, put the cocoa powder and Spanish paprika into a shallow bowl.
- Remove your chocolate mixture from the fridge. With a teaspoon, scoop the chocolate and roll it in your hand. Once all of them are rolled, place them in the cocoa/ paprika powder and sprinkle all over the truffle.
- Once coated, place them in the fridge for half an hour.
For more variation, feel free to add peanuts, hazelnuts, rainbow sprinkles or crystallized orange bits into the coating mixture for more oomph.