The good thing about having dessert pizzas is you can prepare them using leftover pizza dough and any seasonal fruits you have at your disposal. Dessert pizzas are a relatively low-stress dessert, and are wonderful for a date, large groups or even parties. If you fancy pizza for dessert here are four sweet delicious dessert pizza recipes that may entice you to crave for more.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pizza dough
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- Milk (Optional)
- Melt the butter a pan.
- Add the apples, brown sugar and cinnamon and sauté until apples are nice and caramelized.
- Spread the apple mixture over the pizza.
- Bake in a preheated 500F/260C oven until golden brown, about 5-10 minutes.
- Mix some milk into the icing sugar to make a glaze and drizzle it over the pizza.
- 1 12” ready-made pizza crust
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup blueberry jam
- 1 cup grated part-skim cheese
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place cream cheese and cinnamon in a small bowl and stir together until well combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the surface of the crust.
- Next, spread the blueberry jam over the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella over the jam, followed by the fresh blueberries.
- Place the pizza directly onto the oven rack and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese melts and bubbles and the blueberries just begin to juice.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, cut and serve.
- 1 Tablespoon dry active yeast
- 2 Tablespoons plus1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water 100-110 degrees
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup plus 3 Tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 8 ounce package whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts, (walnuts, pecans or pistachios)
- Cinnamon and sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Mix together yeast, warm water and 1 teaspoon sugar. Set in a warm area and allow starter to double in size (10 to 15 minutes).
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, spice and remaining sugar. Blend in 3 Tablespoons pumpkin and yeast mixture.
- Knead until thoroughly mixed. Roll dough into a 9-inch circle. Cover and allow dough to rise until almost doubled in thickness, about 15 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 5 to 10 minutes until baked through and crust is lightly browned. Cool before topping.
- Mix together pumpkin, powdered sugar and cinnamon. Spread over crust.
- Spread cream cheese over pumpkin layer.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts and cinnamon/sugar if desired.
- Refrigerate until serving time and refrigerate any leftovers.
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon of water**see note
- Warm the milk and water in the microwave until all foamy and puffy.
- In a large bowl add the egg, yogurt, +salt and whisk to combine.
- Once the yeast has proofed, add it to the large bowl with the other ingredients and stir until smooth. Add the flour and mix until the dough begins to come together. begin to knead the dough, until you produce a smooth ball.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled (olive oil) bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place, for 30-60 minutes.
- Heat the grill to medium high. using a lightly oiled paper towel, wipe down the grill so the bread won’t stick.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and cut in half, and then into thirds. roll each dough piece out (no need to make it even), about 1/4-1/2″ thick. place on the grill and cook for a few minutes per side or until grill marks begin to appear. do not over cook, or it will be quite dry and cardboard like. flip to the other side and cook for a minute or two and then spread a good heaping of nutella over the top.
- Remove from the grill and top with fresh berries. serve immediately.