Don’t you just love the sound of DOUBLE chocolate? Add some banana’s to it and I’m SOLD. What I loved most about this cake was how fudgy and moist it is. The flavour is mostly chocolate with a good burst of bananas. It’s divine, heaven in your mouth.
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease the bottom of a loaf pan (I made double this recipe and used a bigger pan)
- Beat the sugar, eggs and oil in a large bowl until combined. Beat in the banana and vanilla in a separate bowl at low speed.
- Sift the flour, cocoa and baking soda together in a different bowl, add to the banana mixture a little at a time till combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the pan and bake for about 60-70 mins. Let the pan cool for about 10 mins, remove from the pan and cool completely.
- HAPPY EATING!!
NB: The icing on this case is chocolate butter cream, i just mixed butter, cocoa powder and icing sugar in a pan then waited for it to cool a little and poured in on the bread.
Recipe adapted from: thesistercafe.com