If you want to beat hunger without necessarily eating a whole bread, just have banana bread. You can have your banana bread in the morning, as a snack and even during the times you shouldn’t be having banana bread. It’s that good. Here is a recipe for a piece of marbled banana bread.
- 3 large ripe bananas
- A ½ cup of melted, unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of table or fine sea salt
- 1 and a ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- A ¼ cup of dark cocoa powder
- A ¾ cup of chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit and butter the loaf pan or coat it with non-stick baking spray.
- Melt the butter in a large bowl in the microwave. Mash the bananas right into it until smooth is achieved.
- While doing this, whisk in the brown sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt until thoroughly combined.
- Add 1 cup of the flour stirring until it disappears.
- Pour half of the batter into a second bowl. In one bowl, add the remaining 1/4 cup of flour and ground cinnamon while in the other bowl add and stir cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
- Drop a chocolate batter dollop on top of a chocolate-free one and vice-versa until both batters are used up.
- Use a butter knife or small offset spatula to make a few figure-8s through the batters, marbling them together and layer them at the bottom of the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes and test with a toothpick placed in the cake to ensure it is batter-free once ready.
Recipe courtesy of Smitten Kitchen
For more updates on the best restaurants around, recipes, reviews, nightlife guides and more, follow Yummy Magazine, online and in print!