The only consolation we have right now as we wait for Nairobi Visa Burger Week 2019 are recipes such as these. Our recipe for beer-braised burgers will keep you calm as we wait to hop on to the deals and combos that await us from August 5th-15th! With over 70 restaurants participating, you will definitely eat till you say, no more. That’s the plan, to enjoy as much as possible. We only live once hey?
It’s clear by now that braised beef is the one! You know how we have it-items (handbags, celebs…), well in the dining world, braised steak is part of the elite squad. That’s why your burgers deserve an upgrade: beer-braised burgers are the ‘it’ snacks to enjoy. Tired of doing so much in the kitchen for ‘just a burger‘? Turn them into mini burgers and you’re good to go.
Braised beef burgers will enhance your cooking game and push you to higher ranking next time you’re preparing snacks for your family. Where and when did you learn that? Prepare to be asked this question and don’t forget to mention your good friends (points at Yummy).
When enjoying these burgers with your family, don’t forget that you can still take this with a bottle of beer. Yes, there are no restrictions here. The whole point is for you to have fun with your food.
The recipe is simple and doesn’t take that much time preparing these tasty snacks.
600g of ground beef
1 tablespoon of cooking oil
1 tablespoon of butter
1 onion, halved and sliced
2 cloves, finely chopped
salt and black pepper
1 bottle of beer
1 large tomato, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
4 burger buns
- Place a large pan over medium heat and add the cooking oil.
- Add the butter to melt.
- Stir in the onions and garlic until they’re cooked for about 3-4 minutes.
- In a bowl, season the beef with salt and pepper and form them into four patties.
- Add the patties to the pan and cook each side for about 2-3 minutes and then flipping them to ensure doneness on both sides.
- Add the beer, Worcestershire sauce and mustard and continue cooking until you’re satisfied.
- Serve with tomatoes and cheese of your liking on the burger buns.
For more updates on the best restaurants around, recipes, reviews, nightlife guides and more, follow Yummy Magazine, online and in print!