It’s a cold and gloomy Saturday..
Maybe you are hungover or maybe you are battling the terrible flu that is going around.
Don’t have much in your fridge but are want some warm and delicious comfort food? We have just the idea for you.
Check out our easy and yummy Chicken Noodle Soup!Ingredients
– 1 chicken breast with the bone left in
– 1 whole chicken leg
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil
– 2 medium carrots diced
– 2 medium celery stalks diced
– 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
– 6 cups of chicken stock
– 1 bay leaf
– 1 packet of instant microwave noodles
– 2 tablespoons of coarsely chopped fresh parsley
1) pat the chicken dry and season generously with salt and pepper.
2) heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high until shimmering. Add the chicken and cook stirring occasionally until it’s browned all over for about 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate and allow to cool down.
3) Reduce the heat to medium, add the carrot, celery, onion, salt, pepper and thyme and stir. Cool until the vegetables have softened and are starting to brown for about 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
4) Add the stock, bay leaf and chicken pieces and any accumulated juices to the saucepan. increase the heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling reduce the heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked through for about 20 minutes. Turn off the heat.
5) Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and then use 2 forks to shred the chicken off the bone into bite size pictures. throw away the skin, cartilage and fat.
6) Break the noodle block into large chunks and add them to the saucepan and stir. When cooked add the parsley, season with salt and pepper and return chicken pieces to the soup. Serve hot.
Please note this recipe can also work with left-over roasted or fried chicken pieces. If you want something a bit more oriental and spicy try adding some soy sauce and spices along with fresh ginger and garlic. Pretty much you can make this recipe what you want it to be.