The perfect time to treat yourself is when you’re on leave from work. Taking care of yourself is important and it could be through something as simple as a fruit salad parfait. Guests do come over every now and then and you want to impress them with your ‘breakfast ninja’ skills so the one dish that can never fail you is a fruit salad parfait.
It’s like having your usual fruit salad but adding a twist to it. With this salad, you not only get to enjoy the deliciousness of the fruits but the health benefits that come with it as well. We recommend this for a chilled morning so that you savour every bit of it. Rushed mornings require a different kind of solution.
1 cup of fresh pineapple, cut in 1cm cubes
1 cup of fresh mango, cut in 1cm cubes
2 kiwis, peeled and cut in 1cm cubes
1 banana, peeled and cut in 1cm cubes
1 red apple, cut in 1cm cubes
1/2 cup of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
1/4 cup of maple syrup
3 cup of vanilla yoghurt
- Start by mixing the grapefruit juice with the maple syrup. Set aside.
- Cut all of your fruits and mix them well in a medium-sized bowl.
- Pour the grapefruit maple mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for a bit or serve immediately. The acidy of the grapefruit juice will keep the apples and bananas from browning for a while!
- Place fruit salad over top of vanilla yogourt. Enjoy!
For more updates on the best restaurants, recipes, reviews, nightlife guides and more, follow Yummy Magazine, online and in print!