This is a very simple stew that you can use as a base recipe and add anything you like. You can add curry powder, garam masala, chicken masala, peas, potatoes, ANYTHING you like. HAPPY COOKING!!!
- 1 broiler chicken
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 chillies diced, optional
- A large bunch of Dhania( coriander), chopped ( I love Dhania so I tend to use a lot you can use less)
- 1-2 teaspoons of Royco dissolved in water (Royco is a beef seasoning powder)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Put the onions and oil in a pan and cook over medium to high heat till the onions are soft. Add ginger and garlic and cook till fragrant, add the chicken and mix well. Reduce the heat and cover.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, add salt and chillies if using. Cook till the chicken starts to brown. Add water if needed. This should be around 10 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and cover. Let this steam through for 4-6 minutes then peel off the tomato peel. Stir the tomato into the chicken. Add Dhania and cover till chicken is cooked through.
4. Finally add the royco and bring the stew to a boil. Serve hot. HAPPY COOKING!!