First of all, this isn’t a pork burger. It’s a beef burger that has the name ‘pig’ on it. The ginger pig burger is a thing of wonder, amazing flavour and great taste! It’s a burger patty that has two different steaks, some bone marrow and bacon! In other words, the best thing you’ll eat in a long time.
This isn’t the kind of burger you make when you have guests over. This is the kind of burger you show off to your boys when you’re having your monthly barbecue. This is the kind of burger you eat with a cold glass of your favourite beer by your side, potato wedges, some cheddar cheese and a few lettuce leafs on your plate.
Sounds glorious doesn’t it? You can make one yourself! Here is what you need!
- 500 g of fillet steak
- 500 g of rump steak
- 1 tbsp of bone marrow
- 4 rashers of smoked bacon
- 1 tomato
- 1 red onion
- 4 buns
- On a wooden board, start by chopping the steaks in half with a cleaver, then half again, and again, getting finer cuts of beef each time. Continue until you’re left with finely chopped meat, and mix in the bone marrow with your hands.
- Make four small patties and whack them on a smoking pan for two minutes on each side. There’s no need for oil, the burgers will release their own fat.
- Finally, slide them onto a mixed grain bun and top with bacon.
- Do your happy dance, settle down, clear your throat and savour your first bite.