This is a great way to utilize fish fillets. This curry is very tasty and its is great with it with rice or naans or potatoes. HAPPY COOKING!!
- 500gms fish fillet ( like tilapia or Nile perch)
- 2 onions sliced
- 6 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 green chillies or ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- 4 tablespoons of natural yogurt
- 150ml coconut milk
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 6 tablespoons of flour mixed with some salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- Marinate the fish for at least 20 mins in lemon juice and ½ teaspoon of garlic and salt
- Dust the fish with the flour.
- Put the tomatoes, ginger and tomatoes till pureed
- Fry the onions in 1 tablespoon of oil until soft, lower the heat, add all the powdered spices (save for the garam masala) and mix till they become fragrant.
- Add the tomato puree mix well and reduce the heat till the sauce thickens
- Meanwhile, Heat the oil and fry the fish fillets for about a minute on each side until they begin to brown. Set aside
7. Add the yogurt and coconut milk and coriander; simmer till it is all well blended and thick.
8. Add the fish and cover pot with a lid and simmer till well cooked through
9. Once cooked sprinkle the juice of half a lemon and the garam masala, simmer for a minute then serve
10. HAPPY EATING!!