This Easter, step outside your comfort zone and give a picnic a try! These mini fried chicken sliders are the perfect snack!
- 2 Farmer’s Choice boneless chicken breasts
- 1 packet mini dinner rolls
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ cup purple shredded cabbage
- ½ cup shredded cabbage
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil to fry
- Salt and pepper
- Start by cracking and beating the eggs in one bowl, then add the flour to another bowl and the breadcrumbs in another.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep pan.
- Cut each breast into 3 fillets and then each fillet in half. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Follow by dipping the chicken pieces in the flour, followed by the egg mixture, then the bread crumbs and straight into the hot oil to fry. Fry until golden brown and cooked inside, preferably 2-3 minutes since the pieces are very small.
- Place a kitchen tissue on a plate so that the fried chicken can drain all the oil once they are ready.
- Cut the dinner rolls in the middle.
- Mix the shredded cabbage and carrots with the mayo, ketchup and vinegar in another bowl to make coleslaw.
- Spoon the coleslaw on the bottom roll, followed by the fried chicken piece and then the top bun. Repeat the process until all mini burgers are done. Pack and enjoy your picnic!
For more updates on the best restaurants around, recipes, reviews, nightlife guides and more, follow Yummy Magazine, online and in print! Grab our April issue today!