Rosé is one of those drinks you just have to have on holiday. It looks good, and its delicious enough to wash your troubles away! It appeals to female millennials in particular today which has made it very trendy! So if you fall into the bracket of a Rosé- loving millennial, we have some really cool news for you.. Literally! The new summer craze, The Frosé!
This New York City Bar Primi has created an innovative way that you can enjoy your Rosé which is a mash-up of these two major summer beverage trends; Rosé and Slushies! They call it Frosé and they add a bit of vermouth and puréed strawberry making it a little sweeter and more delicious!
The Frosé has instantly been a hit with the customers and Instagram is flooded with this new summer craze! So for my Rosé- loving friends who aren’t in New York but are still salivating over the Frosé, you can try out Bon Appetit‘s own version of frosé that can be made at home — without a slushy maker!
- Make the strawberry syrup by boiling ½ cup of water and a ½ cup sugar until the sugar dissolves and then mixing in 8 oz. of hulled, quartered strawberries.
- The mixture should sit for a half hour before the berries are strained out of the now-infused syrup.
- Then simply pour a bottle of rosé wine into a 13″ by 9″ pan and freeze for about six hours, until almost solid.
- Once it’s done, the frozen wine should be scraped into a blender and mixed up with 2½ ounces lemon juice, one cup of crushed ice, and 3½ ounces strawberry syrup.
- Freeze it again for a half hour and blend once more.
- Pour your Frosé into a glass and enjoy Summer 2017’s craze from the comfort of your home!