Garlic Chicken Kebab Potato Recipe
1 deep fryer or large pot
1 basting brush
1 melon ball spoon
3 liters of cooking oil
1 plastic bag
1 beaten egg
1 large peeled russet potato
⅓ cup of diced gherkins
⅓ cup of garlic sauce
1 pound of chopped chicken tenders
2 teaspoons of 7 spice
¾ cup of plain yogurt
⅓ cup of tomato paste
Juice of half a lemon
4 cloves of minced garlic
½ teaspoon of sumac spice
- Preheat the cooking oil to 325 degrees F.
- Slice the russet potato in half. Using the melon ball spoon, scoop out the inside flesh of the potato making sure not the pierce the sides of the bottom.
- Fry the potato in the oil for about 2 minutes and then take it out. Boost the heat up to 350 degrees F and fry the potato again until it becomes golden brown and crispy.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the chicken, yogurt, tomato paste, garlic, 7 spice, and lemon juice in a plastic bag and mix well. Put it in the fridge for 2 hours (overnight for best results).
- Add the chicken to a baking tray and cook it in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Line the inside of the potato cup with garlic sauce. Layer the gherkins followed by some chicken. Continue to layer until the cup is full.
- Sprinkle the sumac spice on top of the cup.
Adapted from Foodbeast