This is a delicious twist on the usual dawa. Mixing coconut water and ginger is a great way to make sure you stay hydrated and get all the benefits of these two superfoods! For an extra kick, add in ground black pepper or chilli!
a small thumb of ginger, grated
1/2 tsp of turmeric
a pinch of cayenne pepper
200ml of coconut water
1/2 cup lemon juice
1-2 tbsp of agave nectar to taste
- Fill and boil water in a kettle.
- Add the ginger to a mug or jug and add the spices.
- To the same mug/jug, add 80mL of boiling water and steep contents for 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and Agave Nectar then stir well.
- Divide the ginger and spice mixture into 4 glasses (20ml in each).
- Top each glass with 50ml of coconut water. Stir and enjoy!
*To turn this into a cocktail: add 60mL of Bushmills Whiskey