Gooey Halloween Jelly Worm Recipe
2 packs (3 oz) Raspberry jello
1 pkg unflavored gelatin (for extra firmness)
3/4 cup whipping cream
3 cups boiling water
15 drops green food coloring
100 flexible straws (or enough to fill your container)
Tall container (1 quart or 1 liter carton of milk)
- Combine gelatin in bowl and add boiling water.
- Let it cool to lukewarm and then add the whipping cream and 15 drops green food coloring.
- Gather your straws (don’t forget to flex them out) and put them in the container. It’s important that the straws have a tight fit so the jello stays in the straws. For this reason, a 1 liter carton may be better; you will probably get longer worms since there is a tighter fit. If you have a bigger container, a rubber band around the straws is helpful. Or you could just add more straws to fill the container.
- Add the gelatin mixture to the straw-filled container and let it set until firm.
- There are multiple ways you can remove the worms from the straws. You can roll a rolling pin over the straws and squeeze them out or you can hold the straws over warm water. The worms will slip right out.
If you are looking for a suitable recipe for Halloween to freak out your guests, then this gooey recipe will do just that and more. This recipe doesn’t involve any live worms as ingredients so you can relax, I’m not trying to have you eating insects, lets leave that for the all-insect restaurant in UK.
This creative recipe is also perfect for April fools (just saying).