Start your morning off in the best way possible with this quick and easy breakfast smoothie recipe…
Last week, I spoke about Flax seeds, but I really can’t stress their importance enough. Not only do they carry Omega-3 oils that aid in fighting inflammation and infection, they can also help improve memory and focus. They also have that delicious, grainy flavor that goes perfectly with a thick smoothie like this. The dairy gets you your calcium boost for the day, and the granola is packed with fiber and carbohydrates that will hold you until lunchtime. On top of this, cinnamon is one of the best anti-oxidants. This smoothie is also good for your taste buds – the most important nutritional benefit of them all!
The Granola Goodie Smoothie
2 Large Bananas
2 Tbsp Granola/ Mueslli
1 and ½ Tbsp Peanut Butter
1 Tbsp Sunflower Seeds
½ Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Honey
2 Tbsp Flax Seeds
¾ cup milk or 3 Tbsp Plain Yoghurt
½ cup water
- Place sunflower seeds in skillet, turn heat on and dry fry until seeds are brown and smell toasted. Make sure to shake the skillet so that the seeds toast evenly.
- Set aside and repeat the same with cinnamon. Dry fry until fragrance starts to lift. This is done in order to get a stronger cinnamon flavor in the smoothie.
- Into the blender, add sliced banana, granola, peanut butter, honey, flax seeds, milk and water. If you’re using yoghurt, then double the amount of water. You can always add more if you don’t want it too thick.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and toasted sunflower seeds over the mix. Throw in a few ice cubes and blend until smooth.
- Drink alone or with a few slices of melon or apple.