EatOut Kenya pursues a simple mission in all we do: to build a world class dining culture in Kenya (and soon, East Africa) by being the most comprehensive resource for everything food & drink related in the region. In line with this mission, we strive to develop content and provide information in creative, appealing, and easily digestible ways. Our Yummy blog, Yummy magazine, and social media platforms provide powerful mediums for us to revolutionize Kenyans’ dining experience.
As our Graphic Designer, you will help us achieve this mission with designs that engage and inspire our readers. You will recognize our brand’s design principles – focused on clean, modern simplicity – and continually innovate in collaboration with our content teams to produce high caliber visuals for all our platforms.
EatOut is a fast-paced company, so at their core successful hires are enthusiastic team players and self-starters. We seek individuals who flourish in cross-functional teams and enjoy producing multiple projects under tight deadlines. Strong team members are flexible and open to trying new ways to deliver value.
- Lead creative direction and execute design work for our monthly Yummy magazine
- Design creative graphics (including display banners) and other visual content for EatOut’s blog, social media pages, and other marketing platforms
- Identify proactively opportunities to communicate stories of interest across our blogs and social channels, including seasonal campaigns (e.g. Valentine’s)
- Work with EatOut’s editorial and marketing teams to develop and implement a cohesive visual style and content strategy
- BA/BS degree from a recognized university or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in working softwares such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Experience in video editing
- Experience leading creative direction and design (from conception to execution) of a print publication
- Experience working on creative and innovative social media campaigns
- Ability to create high quality work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment
- Ability to take design feedback and promptly incorporate it into any project
Please include URLs or attachments for a portfolio in addition to your CV. Submissions without samples included will not be considered.
Email your CV and portfolio to email@example.com by 22/02/2015. We will contact you if you have been selected to interview.