Happy new month! It’s October 1st! As we wait to celebrate Halloween, Diwali and two public holidays (in Kenya), here’s something you can whip up to celebrate the year’s journey.
This Greek yoghurt, lemon and coconut Bundt cake can be had as a dessert and best enjoyed with a Sauvignon Blanc like Hesketh Bright Young Things available from Dion Wines and Spirits.
Greek Yoghurt, Lemon and Coconut Bundt Cake Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 180ml olive oil
- 280g Bio Food Products Greek Yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 110g of caster sugar
- 180g of raw honey
- 80g desiccated coconut
- 225g spelt flour, sieved
- 3 tablespoons of baking powder
For the Glaze:
- 125g of icing sugar
- 2 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 50g of flaked almonds
- a handful of rose petals
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees. Mix the eggs, oil, yoghurt, lemon juice, sugar and honey in a big bowl and whisk.
- Add dessicated coconut, flour and baking powder and whisk again (it might look lumpy because of the coconut).
- Grease a 22cm round bundt tin and pour in the mixture. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Mix the icing sugar with lemon juice to form a thick glaze. Gently pour over the cake allowing it to drip down the sides. Garnish with flaked almonds and rose petals.
For more updates on the best restaurants around, recipes, reviews, nightlife guides and more, follow Yummy Magazine, online and in print!