Kenya is blessed with strawberries so you know we had to put them to good use. Inspired by Sylvia Jemutai’s recipe, we think this combination of fruits, veggies and a fan favourite starch is the perfect way to have our cake (or pasta) and eat it too. So start off your 2020 right we this healthy and sweet strawberry pasta salad.
- 250 grams pasta, cooked and cooled
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach, about 3 large handfuls
- 1/4 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Brown’s feta or Brown’s Herby Goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the pasta, strawberries, spinach, and red onion in a large bowl.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper in a small jar and shake to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta salad ingredients.
- Toss with wooden spoons (or tongs) to coat well. Top with crumbled cheese. Stir to mix throughout.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.