Beef stew is one of those meals you can have at any time of the year. It always comes through especially when it’s fresh out of the pot and served with fluffy rice. Here is a simple recipe that will have you neighbour asking to join you for dinner.
This can be served over warm buttered noodles or rice.
A Hearty Beef Stew Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tomatoes
- 400gms beef broth
- 3 large potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 3 large carrots, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef and onion and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the beef is browned, stirring frequently.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 60 to 70 minutes, or until the meat is tender.