Hilton Hotel's Sale e Pepe Penne Ala Genovese Recipe
500g Penne Pasta
150g Red Bell pepper (julienne)
200g Aubergine (julienne)
150g Courgette (julienne)
70g Onions (Chopped)
10g Garlic (crushed)
20g Pesto Sauce
80ml Olive Oil
Black pepper (crushed)
60g Parmesan Cheese (shavings)
100ml Cream (heavy)
- Roast the bell peppers in very hot oven about 240 degrees c for about 6 min.
- Put the bell peppers in a plastic bag closed tight for sweeting to occur for easier peeling later on.
- Boil the Penne Pasta in hot salted water for about 8 min, drain in a colander, drizzle some olive oil and keep aside.
- In a pan fry some onions, garlic till pale brown.
- Add in julienne of vegetables and toss for about 5 min, Add in the cooked Penne.
- Toss together the Pasta and vegetables, pesto and some of the Parmesan shavings and cream.
- Season the Pasta Genovese with salt and pepper, serve garnished with Parmesan shavings and fresh thyme.