Pickles! The perfect ingredients for spicing up your salads, sandwiches and tacos. Heck, you can even enjoy them as they are. Or better yet, have them on a cheese platter. These sweet and acidic beetroot pickles are great for those who like fresh pickles that aren’t preserved for too long.
They have a beautiful colour once they are ready and you don’t have to spend too much time making them. If you have a thing for beetroot, then you’re in for a wonderful treat.
Let’s make them!
- 20-30 small red onions
- 3-4 chunks of beetroots for colour and flavour
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar or regular vinegar
- peppercorns and garlic (optional)
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 cup boiling water
- Peel and wash 20-30 small red onion shallots and keep them aside.
- Place 3-4 chunks of beetroot in boiling water and then add to saucepan.
- Pour half a cup of vinegar and some salt.
- Add in the onions, garlic and peppercorns.
- Pour the combo in an airtight jar.
- Let it cool and then refrigerate overnight or for about 2 days.