There’s nothing better than perfectly balanced ice cream and what better way to make sure that you’ve got it all than to make your own? Vanilla ice cream is the most basic ice cream in the best way. You can crumble some Oreos into it and make your won Cookies n Cream ice cream or mix in a spoonful of peanut butter! Here is a simple recipe that is worth the work:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups evaporated milk/ homemade cream*
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
*To make homemade cream: add 4 1/2 teaspoons of melted butter to 1 cup of whole milk. For 2 cups, double the amount.
- Place a freezer-safe bowl or pan in the freezer for an hour.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and mix until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Transfer your mixture into the chilled pan and stick it back in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes.
- Once the edges start to freeze, take out the mixture and beat it using a hand mixer.
- Continue to do this every 20-30 minutes until the ice cream reaches desired texture. (It will take 4-5 mixes)