Also known as Egg in a basket, birds nest, bullseye nest, one-eyed jack and many more names! This classic isn’t as complex as its name and is quick to please!
Here’s the recipe:
Egg in a hole
1 Slice of Bread
1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne pepper
2 Tablespoons of Butter
- Press the rim of a glass on the slice of bread to make a hole in the centre of the bread.
- Heat a pan on medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter and spread it evenly. Place your slice of bread.
- Crack the egg straight in the middle of the hole of the bread.
- Sprinkle the egg with salt and the cayenne pepper.
- Add the second tablespoon of butter then turn it over and sprinkle salt and pepper on that other side.
- Let the toast cook until the yolk reaches your preferred consistency.